Join us for the first in our MPF Summer Series: Cocktails with the Candidates
Let's Make 2018 the 'Year of the Woman'
In partnership with the PA Chapter of the National Organization for Women (PA NOW), Indivisible Philadelphia and Turn PA Blue, we're kicking off the summer by hosting an informal meet-and-greet with three exciting Democratic women candidates on June 20th:
- Elizabeth Fiedler, candidate for PA State House in the 184th
- Katie Muth, candidate for PA State Senate in the 44th
- Melissa Shusterman for State Rep, candidate for PA State House in the 157th
In a time when regressive politics are threatening equal rights and putting our democracy in jeopardy, Democratic women are answering the call and fighting back by running for office in record numbers across the country, and particularly in PA. Currently in PA, only 49 of our 253 state legislators are women (that's only 19.4% of the General Assembly). We've got a long way to go to achieving gender parity in our state government. It starts with us.
Stop by for happy hour and engage with these inspiring candidates in a casual setting to:.
- Hear where they stand on the issues
- Learn how you can help them WIN and turn PA blue
- Help advance gender parity in our state government
This year, your engagement, your activism, and your vote matters more than ever. Our summer series is designed to connect you with Democratic candidates and empower you to make a material impact in November's election. See you there?
Make sure you're on our mailing list to stay informed about this event: http://eepurl.com/cLc7hP
ABOUT MOVING PHILLY FORWARD:
Moving Philly Forward is a Philadelphia-based grassroots group dedicated to empowering PA Democrats to engage in local politics.
WE DO THIS BY:
- Providing resources that demystify local government
- Connecting you with candidates who share our values
- Helping you mobilize in pivotal Democratic races
- Empowering you to raise your hand and run for office
- Fostering an activated community of engaged citizens
- Hosting informational sessions with key Democratic voices -- from elected officials to journalists to activists -- to provide a forum for crucial conversations that move our neighborhoods forward
JOIN US: http://eepurl.com/cLc7hP